Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer vacation

Here are some photos: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BYuW7VwzatIo

Time sure flies when you are having fun! I took advantage of my boss being in Barbados and took two weeks of vacation to relax and enjoy the dwindling days of summer. The beach followed by a fun night in Portsmouth, NH http://www.portsmouthnh.com/ started off the festivities. Thanks Megzie and Katy for fun in the sun and lobster rolls on the beach (Thanks Jo Lawrence!) and, of course, the margaritas in Portsmouth. I can't wait to go back!




Then it was off to Nantucket. http://nantucket.net/ Samantha and I took Nana and met up with Michele, Dick, Jared and Bev for four fun filled days on the Island. Nana impressed us all with her ability to ride a bike after 40 years!!! She didn't even complain when we took a wrong turn on the bike path and ended up on a 14 mile bike trip! Go Nana!! Samantha officially started going underwater at the pool while I stared in amazement - Kids have no fear! We had great weather and Samantha even shed a tear when we left "-antucket" and asked to come back soon.

Friday Megzie spontaneously decided that we should head to Newport, RI http://www.gonewport.com/ for the weekend. Katy, Meg, Ro, Jo and myself had a weekend of crazy fun and left with the saying "what happens in Newport, stays in Newport" Megan - just remember when drawing up the prenup use the word "collectively" Thanks for a great weekend!
I was also able to see my good friend Linda visiting from Texas we had a delicious meal at Bobby C's in Melrose which I highly, highly recommend http://www.bobbycsmelrose.com/

The Ardens were in town from Nevada and stayed with Sam and I on Thursday. We took them to Stone Zoo and had a nice BBQ to relax and catch up. http://www.stonezoo.org/





Gina and Steve Bieringer were in town as well and Samantha and I were able to meet them for lunch at Castle Island www.bostonharborwalk.com/placestogo/location.php?nid=6&sid=44 and swing on the swings. It was great to see them and as always time too short. We missed seeing Sydney and Tess. Congratulations on Baby B Number 3!!! We can wait to meet them. We are very excited for you.

No comments: