Friday, June 27, 2008

Everday should end with a rainbow!

What a great Friday! Packed up Samantha and headed to Leomonister to visit with Jo and Dennis and see their new house... Getting there started off with a bang, running out of the house I shut the door and realized that it was locked with the keys in the house. I called my friend Sue to get me out of this crazy situation and cell phone was dead so she couldn't call me back....so I somehow managed to kick the cellar door in (somehow...really just one kick - need to get that fixed) and was able to get into the house... We were off... heading down the highway I suddenly realize I'm almost to the Pike, funny Jo lives in Leominster, not Newton so I turn myself around and head about 4 exits back to Route 2! Phew, now we're making good time...one would think...we make it to Leominster via mapquest directions which says "stay right on Mead Street" no exit number, no Mead Street! - isn't that convenient! We end going about 4 exits or so out of our way befoe we turn ourselves around... At this point I'm grumbling to myself saying "I'm lost" and Samantha (whom ironically always knows when to throw in her two cents) says "What, Mama we're lost? Mama we're not lost, we are in the woods - see all the trees????" I couldn't wait to tell Jo what Samantha thought of Leominster - there are a lot of woods.... We finally make it to Jo's and relax. Samantha threw on her life jacket and water wings and she was in heaven. Jenn and Riley showed up a while later and the girls had a great time in the pool. I had a great time, but the water was FREEZING! Jenn, bless her went completely in... My excuse was that I had my hair highlighted last night and couldn't possibly get my head wet.... Well I finally persuaded Sam and her purple lips out of the pool for some lunch and watermelon roll. I'd forgotten how good it tasted. We headed home late afternoon and was gifted with a down pour of biblical proportions! Samantha was out cold in the back catching flies (I might need to invest in a pool) when all the sudden I was gifted with the biggest rainbow I have seen in a while (couldn't wake Sam for the life of me!). It was so nice to enjoy while I sat in traffic.....oh well getting there is half the fun!

No comments: