Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rest In Peace Cousin Lawrence

My cousin, Lawrence Abreu, passed tragically and quietly away last weekend. He claimed of not feeling well and went to lie down. God quietly took him to heaven in his sleep. He was 43. Lawrence leaves behind his wife, Doreen, and his three children - Jacqui, Nicole and Michael. www.joycefuneralhome.com

I grew up spending Sundays visiting my Grammy. Grammy lived with my Aunt Betty so, in turn, I spent many weekends with my cousins Lawrence, Richard and Rene. Lawrence was the oldest and I was always somewhat intimidated by him and his sense of humor - Lawrence and Richard were always pulling pranks and making everyone laugh... I do remember Lawrence teaching me to light fireworks in an old tire and roll it down a hill without actually losing or burning my fingers (that was key), good grief where were our parents. I remember the story of him teaching my cousin John to pee in the big boy toilet by throwing cheerios into the toilet and telling him to aim at them... I remember meeting his wife, Doreen, for the first time and thinking they were a match made in heaven. Doreen had lost her first husband in a tragic car accident a few years before... and Lawrence (or Larry as many outside the family called him) helped her raise three wonderful and fun children. Lawrence your time was short, but what an impact you made on so many lives.


Godspeed, Lawrence...rest in peace.

No comments: