Friday, April 30, 2010

Where did April go....

We've been busy! I have pictures to post, but downloading them seems to have become a luxury...sigh...

A few notable highlights.

I took Jenn and Meg as my guests to Sunday River for Parrot Head weekend as part of my complimentary weekend package - so fun! Believe it or not, there was skiing/boarding, but we decided we would hike up instead a grab a drink at the top... We danced the night away and met some great people. Driving home on Sunday was a little rough....

I also had the pleasure of taking Samantha to see The Boston Ballet perform "Coppelia." It was the last Boston performance and Samantha was really into it (she just loves the performing arts). At the beginning of the show she leans over and says "Mama, is this a play without words?" During intermissions she would walk to the edge and check out the orchestra pit and come back with a list of instruments she could see (I had no idea she knew the names of so many instruments.) We also went to see The Big Apple Circus with Auntie Sue, Ryan, Auntie Julie, Johnny, Gabby and her friend Molly. What a great show. Mesmerizing circus artists - they had two men who could literally fold themselves in half! Samantha's favorite part was the dog act where they would jump over objects and through hoops.... The circus made an announcement that all the dogs were rescue dogs - one of the reasons why I like the Big Apple Circus is that they are a non-profit organization where proceeds go to the Children's Hospitals and it is well known the animals are well taken care of. They only have horses and dogs and they only do minimal tricks.

We also want to send "Happy 5th Birthday" hugs and wishes to John William and Wyatt Michael!

Pictures to come!

No comments: