Sunday, October 4, 2009

Food and Allergy Walk - THANK YOU!

We did it! Samantha and I jogged, ran, and strolled 3 miles for the Food and Allergy Network on a beautiful (although cloudy) Sunday morning at Hopkinton State Park. Samantha had her sneakers on and was ready to go at 7:30 this morning....that's my girl! I was so proud of her. She chatted with everyone along the way, asking me to read the signs they had posted about allergies and asking other kids if they had allergies - she sounded so grown-up. As we crossed the final wooden, rickety bridge that led to the finish line, a volunteer asked us if we understood it was a walk - apparently Sam and I were one of the first to finish....must have been Samantha and her stamina that kept me going at a fast pace. She was so cute, at one point she said "I know you said it wasn't a race and we are out here to support food allergies, but I think we are ahead of all those people back there...."
We had a great time after the walk, face painting, bouncy house, yummy allergy-free cookies, which were actually really good..... It was nice to show Samantha that one way to give back to the community is by volunteering your time.
A big hug and THANK YOU to everyone for your donations!!!

No comments: