Monday, July 13, 2009

What a fun weekend!!!

Best weather weekend of the summer so far......

Friday, Samantha and I headed to the beach with the Hogan family and had a wonderful time splashing in the tide pools and running from "sharks." Sue thought the water was freezing, but I told her once your feet are numb it feels "warm." Why is it that kids don't have temperature issues.... I spent hours jumping waves since Sue couldn't handle the cold - HA HA HA! The joke was on me, I believe.

Friday night I borrowed John's tent and put it up in the backyard (yes, I can now put a tent up by myself - it wasn't so bad - Sam did help a little bit) and had Allie sleep over for a "camping" trip in the backyard. We cooked hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill because Sam says that's what you do when you go camping. We toasted marshmallows on the fire pit and made some delicious tasting smores. We even lit sparklers that were leftover from the 4th. I had my doubts that the girls would even sleep in the tent, but around 9:30 Sam carried the lantern into the tent and decided to tell stories.....they passed out around 10:30 (or at least I did) and slept through the night - we had no visits from potential nocturnal yard animals like raccoons or skunks or whatever else may be out there.......Thank God!

Don't worry I had my cellphone close at hand to call someone in case something tried to peek/break in. The girls are really in here, just hidden under the covers... Saturday we headed out for a penny walk (I walked, the girls stayed in the wagon so they could make sure their AG dolls were safe - such a sucker....)

Saturday night John was able to "babysit" for me while I went out with a few friends to celebrate their birthdays (Happy Birthday Dawn, Kathleen, Jenn T and Megan). John took Sam to Tanya's house for a cookout, but I was also able to see Paul Bieringer and chat for a few minutes... It's hard to believe the Bieringers moved to Colorado almost three years ago......time sure does fly.

Sunday started out gray, but I knew it would change so I lathered up Samantha and headed to Good Harbor for the day. Katy, Lisa and Gino met us there and I also ran into Marie from work who told me about the pizza place that will deliver to the foot bridge so you can have dinner on the beach........ Nice little piece of information...... I wonder where she learned this move....good grief!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments: