Sunday, June 28, 2009

Unexpected vacation....Beach BBQ

What a week! I've cleaned and aired the house - whatever virus decided to attack Samantha and I has moved on (or hopefully left the planet - I don't wish it on anyone). We were out of school and work all week. Lots of catch up to do, even though I tried to work from home some...

Thanks to my mom and John for taking care of Samantha while I camped out in bed!

We ended the weekend on a high note - BBQ at Singing Beach! Actually, the fog rolled in late afternoon so we had burgers and chicken at Lisa and Gino's house. Samantha had a blast with new friends Anthony, Jacob, Cole and little Morgan. We also took a little side educational field trip. Anthony is a little nine-year old history buff and can tell you the name of every president, the number president and little tidbits about all of them.... Did anyone know that John Wilkes Booth was from the Manchester-By-The-Sea area and is buried there? Ironically enough, the caretaker of the historical cemetery was at the BBQ and offered to take the kids to the cemetery for a little tour... so even though the kids didn't really have a clue what Anthony was talking about, they were intrigued enough to go to the cemetery (a little creepy in the fog if you ask me) with him... We did receive a good dose of history on the place - it was interesting....I guess there is some controversy on whether or not he is actually buried there (some think John Wilkes Booth was moved and his brother put in his place, but they didn't keep very good records way back then....) but there is a stone with names and dates.

My favorite Samantha line of the evening was on the way home... "Mom, why did Michael Jackson shoot the President" - try straightening that statement out.... it could have been quite the rumor...

No comments: