Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roller Coaster Weekend

Friday morning I left my house for Bethel, Maine with the temperature reading -10 degrees.... I thought we're CRAZY going snowboarding in this weather... It was a balmy 5 degrees when we arrived at the mountain - the question - should we go snowboarding or should we get a nice warm drink???? we bundled up and had a great day despite the cold - snow conditions were great and there was no wind. Saturday morning we went to get coffee temperature reading -16 degrees...... again we asked should we go snowboarding or should we stay inside???? Alas, we bundled up and had another great day on the slopes! So glad we decided on the slopes! We ended the day at an apres ski party, followed by a band called "Never in Las Vegas" - they were a great cover band! Lots of silly, fun stories. I have to say it's one of my favorite weekends each year! Sunday we headed home in a snowstorm, white-out conditions, icy windshields, cars sliding off the side of the road - very scary.... very slow going...

I did have a wonderful shoveling team - shovel the 8 inches of snow out of my driveway when I was dropped off - thanks so much guys! As I said to myself "what a nice weekend" - Samantha turned the water on in the bathroom, I turned the water on in the kitchen and the basement turned the water on by exploding a water pipe........ Thank God I knew the location of the turn-off valve... damage was not too bad, but let me tell you - water travels fast!!!!! My heroes of the evening - Scott, Anthony and Uncle Tony who were able to discuss the problem and actually fix it quickly.... I was a little skeptical that my brother was going to blow my house up and had to remind him that my house has a gas furnace 5 feet from him........ he glared and then laughed at me...... thankfully he loves me! A big THANK YOU to my friends who listened to me whine on the phone so I could put on a brave face in front of the boys..... oh yeah, for some reason Verizon put a force field around my house and I was unable to call out on my phone - so I had to stand in the driveway in the frigid cold and make all my calls...... I'm laughing now...... I have a lot to be thankful for...... good night!

No comments: